Salary: Competitive + benefits
Contract: Apprenticeship supported by Newcastle College
We are a fast-growing technology
company, whose aim is to provide high quality business solutions tailored to
individual customer requirements.
We are passionate about our staff and
looking for highly motivated individuals that want to carve a successful career.
Finance Apprentice – The Role:
Due to the company’s continuing growth, an apprenticeship opportunity that has become available within the Finance Shared Service Team based in our newly refurbished Gateshead office. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, and an interest in developing a career within an accounts or finance sector. Excellent communication skills and a confident telephone manner is essential for this role.
Are you adaptable yet able to ensure strict compliance with rules, systems and protocols? Are you a good listener, problem solver and deal with things in a logical and systematic manner? We’re looking for someone who has all of these attributes, and who can thrive in a fast-paced environment with a great opportunity to grow a career in a high-performing finance team.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Monitor shared inboxes, ensuring all invoices follow our internal approval processes, and responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers regarding invoices by telephone, email, and letter.
- Maintain notes within the system following all communication with
clients to provide accurate record as to the status of invoices.
- Produce statement of accounts.
- Allocate bacs and cheque payments.
- Resolve queries both internally and externally around outstanding
- Open new accounts and check customer credit ratings.
- Process credit card payments, allocate direct debits and raise
- Matching and coding invoice payments accurately and updating reports/producing invoices as appropriate.
- Oversee banking reconciliations & posting payments via BACS.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of Office 365, and in particular intermediate Excel reporting experience.
- Ability to interpret, retrieve and analyse complex data.
- Excellent attention to detail & accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
& confident telephone manner.
to work under pressure & to deadlines.
- 23 days (rising by 1 day per
year to a maximum of 28 days), plus bank holidays
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Voucher & discount
- Support of a mentor throughout the training period.