Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Role Grade: 3A
We are a fast-growing technology company providing high quality business solutions tailored to individual customer requirements. We are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Third Line Engineer to provide exceptional technical support to our expanding customer base in line with an exciting new business venture.
As a third line engineer you will be required to provide the following:
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Windows-based systems, ensuring their optimal performance and reliability.
- Strong skills in virtualisation technologies such as Azure, AWS, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Utilise “Infrastructure as Code” methodologies to automate the provisioning and configuration management of Windows systems.
- Work with Azure to deploy,and manage infrastructure for both cloud and SaaS deployments.
- Implement and maintain security measures for Windows environments to safeguard against potential threats.
- Strong ethics around change control
- Conduct security assessments and audits to identify vulnerabilities and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Build your working knowledge of backup solutions, such as Veeam and Acronis, to ensure reliable data protection.
- Design and manage backup and recovery strategies to maintain data integrity and availability.
- Respond promptly to incidents, resolving issues to minimize business disruptions and completing root cause analysis.
- Maintain detailed documentation of infrastructure setups, configurations, and backup procedure.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement, driving enhanced efficiency and reliability.
- Build, configure and maintain RDS environments
- Build, configure and maintain networks from firewalls to endpoints
- Point of escalation and guidance to the 2nd line team
- Troubleshoot TCP/UDP packets in line with the OSI model
- Design, and implement systems in line with customer requirements with a “ground up” approach, ensuring the correct information and requirement is obtained.
- Create and amend documentation for BAU support and training.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding of Azure and associated pricing and design
- Active Directory / Azure AD
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration
- Windows Server 2012R2-2022 Administration
- Strong understanding of VMware / Hyper-V
- iLo / iDrac configuration and management
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration (Database, maintenance plan management)
- SharePoint Administration (Creation, sharing document library’s, setting permissions)
- Management and maintenance of our Anti-Virus environment
- Vulnerability Management and resolution
- Backup and recovery including DRaaS, EDR,MDR
- Significant Microsoft Windows Operating System skills and experience
- Significant Microsoft Office Applications 2016 and 2019 skills and experience
- Remote software deployment
- Good understanding of VoIP, SIP trunks and general digital telephony
- Strong understanding of firewalls and networks, Ubiquity experience advantageous.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment in a similar role
- Excellent Communication and documentation skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and individually
- Good decision-making skills and display the willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
- The ability to set and achieve challenging goals
- Fault finding and troubleshooting skills essential and be logical and thorough in approach to incidents and requests
- ITIL Awareness
- Change management
- Understanding best practice around security
- Microsoft certification advantageous
- CCNA or similar advantageous
What’s in it for you:
In return for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and a benefits package, to include:
- 23 days holiday rising to 28, plus bank holidays
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cashplan
- Voucher and discount hub
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.